Shawn Blanc shared a great short post yesterday titled: Six Principles for Focus and Simplicity. Those post shares wisdom from the book Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster, a Quaker and well-known spiritual teacher and author. It’s worth re-sharing here:
In his book, Celebration of Discipline, Richard Foster lists several principles for the outward expression of simplicity. These are things which someone could use or do in their attempt to flesh out the meaning of simplicity in the modern life.
Here are six of Foster’s suggestions:
- Develop a deeper appreciation for nature.
- Learn to enjoy things without owning them.
- Reject anything that is producing an addiction in you.
- Develop a habit of giving things away; de-accumulate.
- Shun whatever would distract you from your main goal.
- Buy things for their usefulness rather than their status.
Read and Share Shawn Blanc’s post over on his site: Six Principles for Focus and Simplicity