Our good friend Amy, and Cindy Lou Who’s ((the psydonym for our daughter)) hipster life coach, from over at “i attack with love” created a one of a kind gift for our daughter the other day. You can read about the Hipster Baby care package here.
In the Hipster 101 kit was a 2 CD set of music Amy feels essential for any hipster baby to be accustomed to:
Baby Hipster ABC’s…Part One
1. No Ones gonna love you… Band of Horses
2. To Be Alone with You… Sufjan Stevens
3. Wonderwall… Ryan Adams
4. Pillars… Sunny Day Real Estate
5. The Luckiest… Ben Folds
6. The Orchids… Califone
7. The Trapeze Swinger… Iron and Wine
8. Impossible Germany… Wilco
9. Pretty Dress… Rosie Thomas
10. God Only Knows… The Beach Boys
11. Anthems for a Seventeen Year-Old Girl… Broken Social Scene
12.The Lakes of Canada… Innocence Mission
13. Matinee… Damien Jurado
14. First Day of My Life… Bright Eyes
15. True Love Waits… Radiohead
16. Only In Dreams… Weezer
17. Do You Realize?… The Flaming Lips
A Hipsters Guide to Being a Baby: Part Two
1. Chicago… Sufjan Stevens
2. Heavy Metal Drummer… Wilco
3. I Feel it All… Feist
4. Isn’t She Lovely… Stevie Wonder
5. Staring At the Sun… TV on the Radio
6. Arcarsenal… At the Drive-In
7. Search and Destroy.. Iggy and the Stooges
8. Lousy Reputation… We Are Scientist
9. Night On Fire… VHS or Beta
10. Glass Danse… The Faint
11. Helicopter… Bloc Party
12. Damnit… Blink 182
13. Ain’t No Trip to Cleveland… Brandston
14. Lord Leopard… Caribou
15. Stronger… Kanye West
16. Pattern Recognition… Sonic Youth
17. Paint It Black… The Rolling Stones
18. That Right Ain’t Shit… The Books
19. King of Carrot Flowers Part … Neutral Milk Hotel
20. Where It’s At… Beck
21. If You Leave… Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark
And there are hand painted organic onesies with things like Radiohead songs on them (Cindy Lou Who’s favorite band at the moment) as well as a really awesome Wilco onesie. I think (now) she’s ready to be lead the pack in hipster-ness. Thanks Amy!
While I’m at it I thought I’d throw a couple other suggestions of things Emily and I have really enjoyed having for parents looking for something a little different in terms of baby stuff:
- New Native Baby Sling, great quality sling that doesn’t look goofy (it’s in black, which is nice for dad’s too).
- Cool swaddling gizmo we got from some friends in the UK (here’s the company’s webpage).
- Organic cotton, fitted, diapers from Boo Bear Buns.
- Awesome Steve Zissou-like blueberry hat (handmade by grandma).
- Homemade diaper wipes recipe.
- And the less cool, but ever-comfortable and versatile Moby Wrap.
One response to “Hipster Baby Essentials”
hah why is this so good