It was good to take a week off from Dress Down Friday last week, I guess you could say I had a “Business as usual Friday” instead (but that doesn’t necessarily make for an interesting blog post). But this week I’ve got some really great stuff.
- With the advent of Radiohead’s new album, I thought you should check out all these great album covers people are coming up with (the album doesn’t currently come with any).
- I liked this guy’s cover the best.
- And you here’s a site looking to figure out how much people paid for the album [Thanks Amy].
Here’s a video of their new song Arpeggi (and the lyrics):
- Oh and since we’re talking about cool stuff from this week, here’s an article about some of the movies that have influenced Wes Anderson.
- And you can buy an Elephant pin like the one used in The Darjeeling Limited (designed by a member of the cast).
- A provocative essay on fixing our parking problems.
- Here’s a map for the London underground made formatted for your iPhone.
- All I can say is OMG! [Thanks Daja]
- A great little automator script for backing up files on your mac.
- A new Hauerwas video/audio lecture.
- And finally, check out some of these crazy TV’s from the past. [Via Uneasy]
2 responses to “Dress Down Friday | More Radiohead, Elephants, Double Births and Hauerwas”
I have fully dived into In Rainbows. Do you know if they will put out an LP of it or any of the songs? The songs contain the dreamy and dreary quality I like about Radiohead, but they even got a little upbeat with some tracks. I even heard a tamborine!
Hey Peterson, glad you’re liking it so far! Yeah I think they are releasing it on vinyl around Christmas and CD sometime early next year. At least that’s what I read on a some websites.